UPDATE: In the intervening years since this interview came out, my old podcast, Aravinda Show, has been retired. To listen to this classic episode, see the episode list over at the podcast page →
This episode marks the first interview I’ve done with a close friend, so it feels a bit different. (i.e. Even more fun than usual.)
Jennifer Rose and I had been throwing around the idea of having her on the show for months, and I’m so glad it finally happened.
The challenge: How do you make your job meaningful? Where does it make sense to compromise and where should you hold your ground? And how can #YinListening and embracing “what is” transform it all?
I’ve had the joy of knowing Jennifer Rose for about ten years now and watching her grow over this time has been a sight to behold. From a plan to join Doctors Without Borders at age 14, to majoring in International Studies and studying abroad, to realizing that something she was good at all along could make a great business, her life has taken some unexpected turns. It’s a fun, intimate look at entrepreneurship, to be sure.
Perhaps you don’t have to love every aspect of your job, but it pays to make it meaningful, and Jennifer Rose has done just that.
She demonstrates the power of building relationships and being at the right place at the right time. Even so, neither of us are entirely sure when we’ll feel like “Grown-Ups” — is it Peter Pan syndrome? When you listen, I’m sure you’ll come to your own conclusions. We wrap up with the topic of presence and embracing what is, including the reality of your space! (Which Jennifer Rose can help you with.)
And the conversation continues in the aftershow on my Patreon page!
By the way, you can support this podcast, and ALL my work, on Patreon. When you support my work, you get unreleased in-person interviews (including aftershows), behind-the-scenes photos, and the entire text of my Hawaii action memoir Ten Thousand Hours in Paradise. 🌺
Enjoy, and be sure to SUBSCRIBE.
- Jennifer Rose’s business → https://GoLightlyOrganizing.com
- “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondō
- “Designing Your Life” by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans
- Interchange Counseling Institute
- Business Network International
- How To Get Rid Of Clutter And Live Abundantly (hilarious article we mention at the end of the interview)
- Check out Go Lightly Organizing on Yelp
- Support this podcast (& get unreleased in-person interviews, including an aftershow with Jennifer, NOW LIVE!) by supporting my work on Patreon→ https://Patreon.com/HelloCrusoe/