The Aravinda Show returns today.
In this episode, I had the pleasure of having a long, candid conversation with indie-author Michael Coorlim, covering an impressive array of topics.
He’s the author of over a dozen novels and shorter works, spanning from apocalyptic, to supernatural, to steampunk, and beyond. A huge thanks to Michael for being up for this interview and sharing some of his afternoon with me. He was a truly gracious guest, sharing a wealth of time-tested advice.
This episode is the first recorded with my brand new Samson mic, as well as the first mastered with Logic X. So it only gets better from here.
As you’ll see, we cover a lot in this interview, and I think you’re going to love it. Scroll down to the bottom to listen, or Subscribe and never miss any of the interviews I have coming up:
(If you’re having trouble with downloading the file below, grabbing it from the feed tends to be more reliable.)
- Doubling down on the skills you already have
- Why Intelligence = Art
- Recognizing authors in public
- Taoism and a Syncretic Belief system
- An especially lucid description of Divination
- Michael’s experiences with Night Hag Syndrome (aka. Sleep Paralysis)
- Think of yourself as a 1-Person business
- How to manage Beta-Readers
- How Mailchimp helps authors (a one-time ad-esque conversation)
- And the Optimal Pattern to release books (in an ideal world)
Michael’s Writing Podcast recommendations:
- Rocking Self-Publishing Podcast
- The Self-Publishing Podcast
- The Creative Penn Podcast
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast
- Writing Excuses Podcast
Michael’s Book recommendations:
- “On Writing” by Stephen King
- “The Elements of Style” by Strunk & White
- “Scene & Structure” by Jack M. Bickham
Explore more of Michael’s projects: