Note: If you’re searching for info on my book series, visit this page. Otherwise, learn about my consulting services below. Together, we’re better.
Below is a list of some of the more unique projects I’ve been involved in. The list below is by no means complete, and as of mid-2018, I have a backlog of new projects to add to this page.
I have over 10 years of experience with WordPress, mySQL, and everything that goes with it. My services range from building you an easy-to-maintain website, to reinforcing a site to prevent hacking/cracking (through hard-won experience), to customizing a site to look exactly as you’d like — so your site looks unlike anything else on the web. I’m highly proficient in CSS3, HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
I also offer 1-on-1 Apple support. I have a solid history in helping people get the most out of their Macs, iPhones, iPads, as well as Windows machines.
I can help you regardless of your experience level: I teach everything from how to get your computer running as fast as possible, use your iPhone space wisely, fix iCloud sync problems, reduce email clutter, or create a custom backup solution that’s right for you. And unlike remote solutions like Skype, I can offer a real hands-on service, so we can be much more efficient with your time.
Hourly work ranges from $40-100/hour depending on the level of complexity of the project. Project-based work cost depends on the nature of the project.
I’ve been lucky to have some brilliant clients. If you’d like to join them, email me or call the number on my card. References and resumé available upon request.
“Andrew has been a lifesaver for me! Having no skills with my new iPhone, he has been very helpful, definitely at the expert level! He also has helped with the apps that I needed, Marketplace, Craigslist, and Facebook. I love my time with Andrew! He is kind and patient. I have grown in my iPhone knowledge and gained a friend. I am planning to continue my tutoring. I’ll never be as skilled as Andrew, but I will finally know a little more than talking and texting on my phone which is a miracle!”
— Jann Green (Owner of Shaka Chic Furniture, Hilo)
“I had Andrew come and help set up my website a few months ago. He really knows his stuff and can fix problems…I felt he truly wants to help people and serve them. He is very friendly and easy to talk to. He is very knowledgeable and I will use him again and will recommend him to anyone who needs help with a website. Thanks, Andrew!”
— Katie McKay (author)
“Andrew is a wonderful teacher and web designer. I so enjoy working with him and we get so much done together!”
— Diana Leighland (SiliconeSurvivors.com)
“Andrew was the perfect tutor for someone like me, who is older and not particularly comfortable with computers and computing lingo. His enthusiasm for technology, and his obvious desire to make the experience valuable –and even fun!– made learning a host of new skills thoroughly enjoyable.”
— Steve Slack (writer)
“Very knowledgeable and patient when explaining things. Makes himself available, whether by phone, text, e-mail or iChat. Will continue to use Andrew for any further needs with any of my computer issues!”
— Stephanie Hyer (Owner of Design Ink Graphics)
“There are just to many great things to say about working with Andrew. He’s a dream to work with: prompt in completing requested work, quickly replies to emails and questions, and was able to complete every request I made in developing my website in a timely manner. He was so patient with me in explaining the development process and my options. Working with him was so easy, we developed a second website that’s every bit as great. I hope to work with Andrew on all my future website needs and am pleased to give him my highest recommendation. He is worth every penny!”
— Denise Cook (Owner of GroovyGrams & CookandSquire.com)
Video Editing & Publishing
- Shot & Edited many videos for Magician Ryan Martin for his YouTube channel. Here’s a notable example:
- Remix of the original “Think Different” Apple ad, intercut with new footage and rare Steve Jobs narration, now viewed over 50,000 times on YouTube.
- The book cover below is an excellent example of some of my recent work. (Both photos in this design were also taken by yours truly.)
Custom Web Design
- Custom Website Design for the remarkable HanaMana Farm, designed during my time on Maui and featuring photos of its sustainable practices. The website is, quite naturally, green:
Logo & Identity Design
- Logo & Web Design for GroovyGrams.com, a service that sends cards to loved ones.
- Logo for Spacemusic, a popular ambient music podcast.
- Logo identity & icon for Get Lyrical, a popular lyric-fetching app.
- Original logo & graphical identity for ComLuv website & WordPress plugin, which has been downloaded over 800,000 times.
- Logo for a popular Sci-Fi book podcast.
Individual Tutoring & Consulting
- Many other consulting projects that didn’t result in a public-facing product, such as custom backup solutions, Final Cut Pro tutoring, and much more.
All of this is just scratching the surface of what I’m able to share of the projects I’ve done for clients. If you’re interested in getting help in any of these areas, contact me today. Mahalo 🌺